Cheapest Two Wheeler Insurance 2022 | Bike Insurance Buy/Renew Two Wheeler Insurance Online | national insurance two wheeler | policybazaar two wheeler insurance | bike insurance online check | two wheeler insurance renewal online | tata aig bike insurance | iffco tokio bike insurance | icici lombard two wheeler insurance
What is Two Wheeler Bike Insurance?
Insurance two wheeler is a contract between the Two Wheeler bike owner & insurance provider in which the insurance company provides financial coverage to bike owner against any loss or damages due to an accident. As per the Motor Vehicle Act 1988, third party bike insurance is mandatory in India. Bike insurance covers you from any accidental injuries caused while driving a two wheeler/motorbike on Indian roads. Buy or renew two wheeler insurance online upto 3 years within 30 seconds to avoid paying a fine of Rs. 2,000.
7 Reasons to Buy Two Wheeler Bike Insurance Online
Below are the mentioned important facts bike insurance online check which you can consider before buying two wheeler insurance online and avail certain additional benefits:
- Quick Two Wheeler Policy Issuance: You can buy two wheeler insurance quickly as it issues online policy within a seconds
- Pay No Extra Charges: You will not be required to pay any extra charges
- No Previous Two Wheeler Policy Details Needed: You don’t have to provide details of your previous Two Wheeler bike insurance policy in case it has been expired for more than 90 days
- No Inspection or Documentation: You can get your policy renewed without any inspection and documentation
- Easy Renewal of Expired Policy: You can easily renew your expired policy on the website
- Online Support: Our team is always with you whenever you need. You do not need to worry about anything if you’ll stuck anywhere anytime
Types of Two Wheeler Bike Insurance Plans in India
Broadly, there are generally two types of two wheeler insurance policies offered by insurance companies in India. You can buy Third Party bike insurance and Comprehensive bike insurance. See below for more information:
Third Party Two Wheeler Bike Insurance
As the name suggests, third party Two Wheeler bike insurance that safeguards the rider against all the legal obligations that arise out of causing damage to the third party. The third party, here, can be property or person. Third-party bike insurance covers you against any liabilities that you’ve landed upon yourself for causing accidental damages to someone else’s property or vehicle. It also covers your liabilities towards causing accidental injuries to a third party person, including his death.
Indian Motor Vehicle Act, 1988 mandates anyone who owns a two wheeler, be it motorcycle or scooter, to have valid third party bike insurance if plying on public roads in the country. Those who do not comply with the rule will be liable to pay huge penalties.
Comprehensive Two Wheeler Bike Insurance
Comprehensive Two Wheeler bike insurance that protects the rider against any own damage to his vehicle in addition to the third party legal liabilities. It shields your bike from incidents of fire, natural calamities, theft, accidents, man-made disasters and related adversities. It also provides you with personal accident cover in case you sustain any accidental injuries while riding your bike.
The following table illustrates the common difference between both comprehensive & third party Two Wheeler bike insurance:
|Factors\Types of Bike Insurance Plans||Third Party Bike Insurance||Comprehensive Bike Insurance|
|Scope of Coverage||Narrow||Wider|
|Third Party Liabilities||Covered||Covered|
|Own Damage Cover||Not Covered||Covered|
|Personal Accident Cover||Not Available||Available|
|Mandatory of Law||Yes||No|
Best Two Wheeler Insurance Plans
Two Wheeler Insurance Plans starting at Rs. 2 per day. Buy and compare two wheeler insurance plans online for your motorcycle. You can now renew your expired Two Wheeler bike insurance policy online from foremost insurers with lowest premiums in just 30 seconds.
- Quick Policy Issuance
- No Inspection, No Extra Charges
- Lowest Premium Guarantee on the Insurance Plan
Benefits of Two Wheeler Insurance
Anything can happen while riding a two wheeler / motorcycle, scooter, or moped. The lack of good roads, the morning and evening rush hours and unregulated traffic problems are a part of life today. Moreover, instances of rainfall or heat waves may cause many problems on the road, such as slippery surfaces, mushy or muddy areas, or sticky tar.
These situations may cause damages to the two wheeler vehicle and even injure the riders. To stay protected from all such incidents, it is important to have a valid two wheeler insurance. The motor protection laws in India protect millions of Two Wheeler bike owners from expenses that may arise due to third-party damages by making third party Two Wheeler insurance cover mandatory.
Let’s take a detailed look at the various benefits of buying two wheeler insurance
- Financial Protection: Two wheeler insurance provides financial cover that helps save a lot of money in case of an accident, theft or third-party liabilities. Even small damage can cost thousands of rupees. This Two Wheeler insurance policy helps you get the damages repaired without creating a hole in your pocket.
- Accidental Injuries: Not only does the policy cover damages sustained by of your vehicle in an accident but also covers any accidental injuries that you may have suffered.
- All Types of Two Wheelers: It protects against the damages caused to the scooter, motorcycle, or moped. Even the vehicles have been improvised and are available with features like better mileage, power, and style.
- Cost of Spare Parts: The rising demand for motorcycles in India has led to the rise in its cost along with the increased cost of their spare parts. This two wheeler policy covers the cost of spare parts, including simple nuts and bolts or parts such as the gears or the brake pads, which have become costlier than before.
- Roadside Assistance: At the time of policy purchase, you can opt for roadside assistance that will come to your aid in case you need assistance on the road. This includes services such as towing, minor repairs, flat tyre, etc.
- Peace of Mind: Any damage to your vehicle can lead to huge repair charges. If you have two wheeler insurance, your insurer will take care of the unwanted expenses, giving you peace of mind so that you can ride without any cause for worry.
Key Features of Two Wheeler Insurance Policy
Two Wheeler Insurance Buying GuideTwo wheeler insurance market has changed dramatically since the emergence of new players. Two wheeler insurers nowadays have come up with a range of features to woo customers and ensure they continue with them year after year. Today, buying a Two Wheeler bike insurance online over the internet is a hassle-free and quick easy process. Let us take a look at some of the key features of two wheeler insurance plans:
- Comprehensive and Liability Only Coverage
- Compulsory Personal Accident Cover of Rs. 15 Lakh
- Optional Coverage
- Easy Transfer of No Claim Bonus (NCB)
- Quick Registration for Internet Purchase
What is Covered Under Two Wheeler Insurance Policy?
If you are planning to buy or renew two wheeler insurance policy for your Two Wheeler, you must look into the inclusions offered by two wheeler insurance companies. If you are a bike lover, then you might be met with road accident at any time. Our bike insurance policy covers owner of the bike & third party damages as well. See below detailed list of inclusions:
- Losses & Damages Suffered Due to Natural Calamities: Any loss or damage caused to the insured vehicle due to natural calamities, such as lightning, earthquake, flood, hurricane, cyclone, typhoon, storm, tempest, inundation, hailstorm, and landslide and rockslides among others will be covered.
- Losses & Damages Suffered Due to Manmade Calamities: It offers coverage against various manmade calamities, such as riot, a strike by outside means, malicious act, terrorist activity and any damages caused in transit by road, rail, inland waterway, lift, elevator or air, among others.
- Own Damage Cover: This cover safeguards the insured vehicle against any loss or damage caused by the means of natural calamities, fire & explosion, manmade calamities or theft.
- Personal Accident Coverage: A personal accident cover of up to Rs. 15 lakh is available for injuries to the rider/ owner that may result in temporary or permanent disabilities or loss of limb- that causes partial or total disability. The cover applies when the person is travelling, mounting or dismounting from the vehicle. The insurers offer optional personal accident cover for the co-passengers.
- Theft or Burglary: Two wheeler insurance will provide compensation to the owner in case the insured motorcycle or scooter gets stolen.
- Legal Third-Party Liability: It offers coverage for against any legal loss of money that may occur due to injuries to a third party in the surroundings, which may have even lead to his demise. Similarly, it also protects against any damage caused to any third party property.
- Fire & Explosion: It also covers any losses or damages caused due to fire, self-ignition or any explosion.
What is Not Covered Under Two Wheeler Insurance Policy?
Below are the incidents or situations which are excluded under Two Wheeler insurance policy:
- Damage caused by normal wear and tear of the vehicle
- Loss from mechanical/electrical breakdowns
- Depreciation or any consequential loss from regular use
- Any damage to tyres and tubes in the normal course of running
- Any loss incurred while the Two Wheeler was being used beyond the scope of coverage
- Damage/ loss incurred when the Two Wheeler was being driven by a person without a valid driving license
- Any loss/ damage caused due to the driver being driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Any damage/ loss incurred due to war or mutiny or nuclear risk
How to Claim Two Wheeler Insurance Online?
There are two ways of filing a two wheeler insurance claim online with your two wheeler insurer online. You can either lodge a cashless claim or a reimbursement claim with your insurer. Let us discuss both types of claims in detail.
In case of cashless claims, the claim amount will be directly paid to the network garage where the repairs were done. Cashless claim facility can be availed only if you get your insured vehicle repaired at one of the network garages of your insurer.
Reimbursement claims can be registered if you get the repairs done at a garage which is not a part of your insurer’s list of approved garages. In this case, you will be required to pay the repair expenses and will later have to file for reimbursement with your insurer. Two Wheeler Insurance Claim Settlement Process Following are the steps involved in the claim settlement process for cashless and reimbursement claim for your Two Wheeler
Cashless Claim Settlement Process
Inform your insurer about the accident or mishap
Survey to estimate the damage will be conducted
Fill in the claim form and submit it along with all other required documents
Insurer will approve the repair
Your vehicle will be repaired at the network garage
Post repairs, your insurer will pay the repair charges directly to the garage
You will be required to pay the deductibles or non-covered expenses (if any)
Reimbursement Claim Settlement Process
- Register the claim with your insurer
- Fill up the claim form and submit it with your insurer along with other documents required
- A survey will be conducted to estimate the repair cost and you will be informed about the assessment
- Give your insured vehicle for repair at a non-approved garage
- After the repair is done, the insurer conducts another inspection
- Pay all the charges and clear the bill at the garage
- Submit all the bills, payment receipts as well as ‘proof of release’ to the insurer
- After the claim is approved, the claim amount will be paid to you
Also Read >> Fastag Kya Hai 2022 | फास्टैग क्या है?
Documents Required for Filing a Claim for Your Two Wheeler
Here is a list of documents that you need to submit at the time of filing a claim with your insurer:
- Duly signed claim form
- Valid copy of Registration Certificate or RC of your Two Wheeler
- Valid copy of your driving license
- Copy of your policy
- Police FIR (in case of accidents, theft and third-party liabilities)
- Repair bill and payment of receipt in original
- Proof of release
How to Renew Two Wheeler Insurance Policy Online?
Two Wheeler Insurance option to instantly renew your two wheeler insurance online in just 30 seconds with the lowest guaranteed premium and save unnecessary hassle and costs. Buy & renew motorcycle insurance policy & save up to 85% on two wheeler.
Online Two Wheeler Insurance Renewal Process
Renew your two wheeler insurance policy online by filling up the form available on the website. Though the process is very simple for renewing your Two Wheeler insurance policy in just 30 seconds. You just need to keep your policy handy with you. Follow the below mentioned steps to renew your two wheeler insurance policy online:
- Go to Two Wheeler bike insurance renewal form
- Enter your Two Wheeler registration number & other relevant information
- Choose the two wheeler insurance plan that you want to purchase
- Select the riders or update IDV. You can update IDV as per your requirement. “Your IDV should be 10% less than Previous Year Policy
- After completing the process, you will see the premium amount that you need to pay
- You can choose any mode of online payment to pay the premium amount
- Once the payment is done, your two wheeler insurance policy will be renewed
- Your Two Wheeler insurance policy renewal documents will be emailed on your registered email address. You can also download your policy document & get a printout. This is the valid document & you can show the document to traffic police if he wants & save yourself to pay the heavy traffic fines.
Steps to Renew Bike Insurance Policy Offline
Two wheeler insurance can be traditionally renewed by visiting the insurer’s nearest office. The process is very simple though you have to find the time to go to the branch. You need to know your policy and vehicle details and fill the same in the application form. The branch generally hands over the new policy immediately if you pay the premium by cash, demand draft or debit card.
Cheque payments need time to clear and in such cases, your policy is will mostly be emailed on your official email address. In case you want to buy new optional riders or add-on covers, you may need to visit the nearest branch office. This step may vary from one insurer to another and thus, it is better to confirm it by contacting your insurer before opting for additional covers.
Renew Your Expired Bike Insurance Policy?
You cannot afford to carry expired two wheeler insurance while riding. Apart from attracting a penalty, it may also lead to major losses in case of an emergency. An inactive policy means you’re no more covered by the insurer for any damages, legal liabilities and so forth. The thumb rule is to renew the policy before the date of its expiration. Another reason to avoid renewal at the last moment or before the policy expiration date is to avoid inspection charges.
Renew your expired Bike insurance policy online
- You Can Switch the Insurer Even: If you were not satisfied with your last insurer, which may lead to the delay in renewal (just we guess), you can switch it now. Renewal is the finest time to review your policy coverage as well as the insurer. Go shop around, compare and buy the right deal.
- Go Online: Buying a policy over the internet is convenient, fast and safe. Go to the renewal section and provide the details of your motorcycle or scooter, such as make and model, CC, manufacturing year, etc. Select the type of two-wheeler insurance plan from the available options. Choose the add-ons to boost the policy coverage.
- Buy Policy and Stay Insured: If they offered premium is suitable to your budget, make the payment over the internet. Every insurer offers a safe payment option through an online payment gateway, where your confidential details are kept safe. Pay the premiums either using credit/debit card or net banking. The insurer will send the soft copy of your policy document to your registered mail ID.
By following this process, you can easily renew your Two Wheeler insurance policy over the internet. However, it is recommended to recharge your bike insurance policy before it expires. As a 2 wheeler insurance saves you from expending a huge amount in case of damage or loss, it’s your responsibility to keep track of your policy expiration date.